The penultimate episode of The Block: Fans v Faves had to settle for second, behind arch time-slot rival My Kitchen Rules on Tuesday.
It’s likely to be a different story on Wednesday when more than two million viewers are expected to watch the climax of the Nine Network’s renovation reality.
The Block, though, has struggled to reel in the Seven Network cooking series and that’s despite an increase in its own ratings this year.
Rarely has The Block finished ahead of MKR and even it’s second last episode was well off the pace.
MKR on Tuesday returned to home visits for the instant restaurant challenge and attracted an audience of 1.672 million.
The Block: Fans v Faves had 1.487 million viewers according to OzTAM’s overnight ratings.
Sitting just behind the two reality shows was Seven’s imported supernatural drama Resurrection which had 1.388 million viewers.
The series has shed 600,000 viewers from its launch two weeks ago but its still rating well and Tuesday’s are proving to be the most competitive of the week.
Every top 10 show attracted a million plus viewers and last Tuesday nine of top 10 shows surged past a million viewers.
Network Ten’s decision to protect The Biggest Loser and move Tuesday’s second last show to Sunday for a double episode finale has been justified.
The network replaced The Biggest Loser: Challenge with Jamie Oliver’s cooking show, Jamie & Jimmy’s Food Fight Club.
The show was directly up against The Block and MKR and did no better than previous episodes of The Biggest Loser.
Jamie & Jimmy’s Food Fight Club was 35th with 293,000 viewers.
Most watched shows on Tuesday
1. My Kitchen Rules (Seven) – 1.672 million
2. The Block: Fans v Faves (Nine) – 1.487 million
3. Resurrection (Seven) – 1.388 million
4. The Big Bang Theory (Nine) – 1.298 million
5. Seven News (Seven) – 1.289 million
6. Nine News (Nine)- 1.281 million
7. Nine News 6.30pm – 1.159 million
8. Seven News/Today Tonight (Seven) – 1.139 million
9. A Current Affair (Nine) – 1.101 million
10. Home And Away (Seven) – 1.026,000
35. Jamie & Jimmy’s Food Fight Club (Ten) – 293,000